Work is expected to begin in early September 2017 on the Bridge Park Avenue extension, which will add roughly a half mile of new roadway between Dale Drive and Village Parkway. Bridge Park Avenue opened between Riverside Drive and Dale Drive earlier this year. This next section will complete a new, seamless east-west connection from Riverside Drive to Sawmill Road.
Clearing activities are expected to begin the first week in September, with construction beginning as soon as September 11. During construction, the following restrictions will be in place:
- Shamrock Boulevard will be closed to thru traffic between S.R. 161 (Dublin-Granville Road) and Village Parkway. Drivers may use Dublin Center Drive as an alternate route.
- Cooperstone Drive will be closed at Shamrock Boulevard. To enter or exit the Greystone Mews neighborhood, drivers may use Tuller Ridge Drive on the east and Cooperstone Drive to Village Parkway on the west side of the neighborhood.
- The northwest portion of Dave Thomas Boulevard will be closed, but all parking areas will be open and accessible at the Wendy’s Dublin Restaurant Support Center.
- Banker Drive will remain open with access maintained via Shamrock Boulevard to the south of the intersection, but not north. Drivers on Banker Drive will not be able to turn north onto Shamrock Boulevard.
- Access to and from the Germain Lexus of Dublin Service Center on Shamrock Boulevard will be maintained east of the closure.
Portable electronic message boards will be up one week prior to the road closure. The project is expected to be completed by late November 2017. This extension will complete an important connection identified in the Bridge Street District street grid plan.